Who we are
Dan Byrne yoga
Contact via website www.danbyrneyoga.co.uk.
We are the “data controller” for the purposes of GDPR. This means that we decide how your Personal Data is processed and for what purposes.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal Data is data that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. We might be able to identify you from the data itself or by linking that data to other information we have access to. GDPR tells us how we must process your Personal Data.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
We comply with our obligations under GDPR in the following ways:
- by keeping Personal Data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely;
- by not collecting or retaining unnecessary or excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and
- By ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect Personal Data.
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To manage bookings onto yoga classes and workshops.
- To inform you of news, events, activities or services which we think you might like to hear about.
- To record health and wellbeing information relevant to the safe teaching of yoga.
- To enable comments to be posted on the DBY website.
- To allow you to contact us via the contact form on the website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information entered into the contact form is processed and emailed to Dan Byrne Yoga for the purposes of return communications by email. You email address may be retained in the DBY email account in line with this policy.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day
Who we share your data with
Your Personal Data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with organisations whose services are required in order to provide the services we offer. We use other companies to help us process your Personal Data so that we can offer you the best possible service.
How long we retain your data
We keep your Personal Data for as long as you are a customer of Dan Byrne Yoga. After you leave, we will keep your information for no longer than we reasonably need. Usually, this will be for a period of seven years. This is so that we can refer back to this data in case of any legal/insurance claims or complaints.
If you leave a comment on the website, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Your rights and your Personal Data
Unless we have an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data: –
- The right to request a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you, without any charge.
- The right to request that we correct any Personal Data found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your Personal Data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to keep it.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing we carry out at any time.
- The right to request that we provide you with your Personal Data and, where possible, to send that data directly to another data controller.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Data, to ask us to restrict further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office and to seek legal recourse.
Consent for Processing Personal Data
General Personal Data
Please be aware that by booking onto class online via the DBY website, you are giving consent for Dan Byrne Yoga to process your personal data supplied for completing the booking. Please understand that you have the choice not to grant my consent or, once given, your consent can be withdrawn at any time. However withholding or withdrawing of consent to process this data may restrict the services and activities available through Dan Byrne Yoga and may cause administrative delays. Information will be processed in line with the Dan Byrne Yoga Data Privacy Notice.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Completion of an online booking for DBY classes and workshops involves the supply and consent for processing of sensitive personal information (also known as Special Categories of Personal Data that include, but are not limited to, medical information). Please understand that you have the choice not to grant consent or, once given, to withdraw my consent at any time. Please be aware that withholding or withdrawing consent to process this data may restrict the services and activities available through Dan Byrne Yoga. All data supplied will be processed in line with the Dan Byrne Yoga Data Privacy Notice.